Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

Thank-you Letter

NORFOLK ISLAND | Friday, 11 March 2016 | Views [1009]

Dear Norfolk Island,

You are a place I love like no other! I've said it a million times and can never say it enough. Sadly I'm leaving today, and I would like to write a thank-you letter to you, my friends, and my fellow Nuffkas. You have touched me more than any place I've ever visited. Many a time, being on a beach in Sydney, gazing over the Yarra River in Melbourne, bowing to statues in North Korea, hitchhiking across the Outback, or amidst the mountains of Queenstown, I've looked up in the sky and fantasized about you. Thank you for having me here and for introducing me to the people whom have touched my heart like you yourself. Many people here have treated me not just like a friend or guest but a member of their family. Thank you Nicki and Wally for sponsoring me and treating me like gold during my first visit. Thank you Cristina, Brandt, and family for believing in me and understanding me, and Cristina for inviting me to the Minischool to bake zucchini bread for your class. Thank you Dave and family for inviting me into your home and allowing me to stay with you during my time here. Thank you Louci, Darls, and Spider for the various radio interviews and allowing me to get my voice out there to praise this beautiful island. The most special person on the island to me is Racheal. Although our relationship didn't work out we remain on great terms and she regards me as her best friend. "You're my best mate" says Racheal. The people of Norfolk are its greatest asset, and Spider asked me why I keep coming back. In resounding fashion I said "the people keep me returning." Racheal later noted how I speak about you so personally.

Whenever I'm here I always have a huge smile, and sometimes I even cry with joy. I love you enough that I bring special friends to experience the magic of the island. I know you well enough that I can take tourists on personal tours of the island. Thank you Norfolk Island for your magical sunsets, crystal clear waters, fresh and tasty veggies, your inspiration and beauty, and just simply for having me fall in love with you. Of the many countries and islands I've visited, you are the one I would propose to. Norfolk Island, you are mine forever! I love you!

On my most recent visit, Racheal said "you Chris have become part of Norfolk" therefore I don't just refer to Norfolk Islanders as "my favourites" but instead it's "my fellow Norfolk Islanders."

Norfolk Island, my next date with you will be our fifth. Don't be surprised if it happens within the next few months. With all my heart, I shall love you always and forever.

Yours Sincerely,

Chris Farrell

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norfolk Island

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.