Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

Snow Day

LUXEMBOURG | Monday, 24 March 2008 | Views [1056]

Today was my final full day in Europe. I slept in until 10:30 and when I awoke there was snow on top of all the parked cars. I made some breakfast and then tried to figure out what I was going to do on this cold, snowy day. I dressed up warm and walked down to the gas station for a Red Bull. I was very cold and I probably would have felt so much better had I brought a hat with me. Tristan has a fascination with Australia just like I do, and he's been there before. It's my guess that it's probably the one place you could go to and never stop talking about. He has many other interesting souvenirs from around the world, including a wooden xylophone and wooden drums. I gave Teressa a call and talked to her for a bit. I'm sure she'll join me for the next trip that I go on. At about noon I hopped on my bike and headed down toward the train station, because I wanted to find out what time the first train leaves tomorrow morning. It was mightly cold out! The first train leaves at 5:15 tomorrow, so I can stay here again tonight; I'll have to get up very early tomorrow morning. Afterward I cycled around for a bit and then stopped at McDonald's for lunch. I was in line for 20 minutes and my credit card was declined. The manager gave me my meal for free because of all the drama. As I was eating, I talked with this couple from Minnesota who were about my age. They are here for about two weeks and are starting and ending their trip in Dublin. I really wanted to go to Ireland on this trip, but it just didn't work out. Ireland and Norway are the kind of places that I would want to spend a lot of time in; like a month or a month and a half. After eating I cycled across the other bridge that I saw yesterday, and there I was talking with this young couple from Texas. Luxembourg is such a beautiful place, and I'll sure miss it when I leave. It started to snow a little bit before I said goodbye to them. I headed back toward Tristan's apartment and I relaxed for awhile and took a shower. Even though I'm on vacation, I did some research for my final project. It seems ridiculous that I'd be doing school work while traveling, but if it's too cold and I have nothing else to do, then it's best that I utilize that time effectively. I'm a geography major and I hope to go to graduate school in the fall. If I fail this project, then I don't graduate. The plane ticket to get to Europe was only $510, but now I understand why the plane ticket was so cheap; it's too cold to do anything. If I had waited until the summer, then the ticket probably would have been like $1,500. at about 6:00, I walked up to the gas station and picked up some spaghetti mix to make for dinner. I cooked up my food and it was deliciously hot and good on this cold, gray day. For the rest of the night I stayed inside and just hung out at the computer and gave Teressa a call. I called my father and he said he'll pick up me when I get back home. I'll sure miss it here in Luxembourg. I've had some rough experiences here in Europe, but I'll definitely come back. Hopefully next year the dollar will get strong again and Europe on the whole will be cheaper, but that's only IF it happens. I took a shower and made a cup of tea and lay down at about 11:30. I have to be up at 4:00 in the morning because I have to take the train to Frankfurt. I'll see you tomorrow! 

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Luxembourg

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.