Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

Until We Meet Again...

NORFOLK ISLAND | Tuesday, 15 June 2021 | Views [165]

Sad I am today. Eight times I've been to Norfolk Island, and for the 8th time, I'm leaving the place I love most. Eight trips I've been to the Bounteous Isle, and eight times I've had a beaming smile during my journey. 

Shout-outs go out to many of the usual locals: Charles Christian-Bailey for inviting me to Bounty Day, Dave for dinner chats over pizza, and Kissard for laughs and chatter over coffee. Shout-outs go out to new friends as well: Josh for inviting me to do comedy at the Black Anchor, Val for hosting me at her home, and Kim Gravett for standing up for me as I was being heckled. In the latter incident, a local descendent was upset that I've been to Pitcairn Island and he hasn't. The only sad part about this journey is that I had two goals is really wanted to accomplish, and that was to plant 91 trees for Bernie, and go to Philip Island, and I accomplished neither. Val would see my off at the airport and we'd share one final hug. 

Eight trips to Norfolk Island are in the books, and I guarantee I'll do at least another eight more. Trip #9 will (hopefully) be with either my film team or with my brother, Dave. As a footnote I shall recap my favourite part of all of my trips on Norfolk. In many cases it's a very tough call but I shall write a highlight from each...

1. Giving a motivational talk at the school
2. Volunteering with the Norfolk Island National Park Service checking the green parrot nests
3. Returning to Norfolk, and nearly accomplishing my goal of collecting every geocache on the island
4. Barbeque with Kim Davies at Emily Bay
5. Ultralight flight with Rob Ryan over the island
6. Being back on Norfolk after a rigourous journey through the heart of Australia
7. The feeling of being alive and being here for Winton's birthday
8. Stand-up comedy at the Black Anchor

Norfolk Island, I will forever love you. You're like that beautiful lady who is in some far off land and then I'm always excited to see you. Until we meet again...

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norfolk Island

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.