Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

Anikka Reconciliation

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 11 May 2019 | Views [606]

We had to take a photo before going out :)

We had to take a photo before going out :)

Anikka! I've written about her many times and I can never write enough about her. After more than a year of no contact, we're friends again. What a lovely visit I had the other day with her, her sister Chrystal, and mother Mel at the "Lagana Canteen" as I call it. I've only ever been to two homes with a door knob in the centre of the door: Anikka's home and the home of my host, Carmel, in Kilkenny. We had an emotional talk yesterday but it was a very good one as we're both on the same page. 

Anikka and I would dress nice and go out to dinner tonight. As I arrived at her home, Mel said "Anikka is really excited about tonight." I told her to pick a place she likes and it'll be my shout. We both had difficulty in deciding on a place to eat but we decided on the Cinnamon Club: a rather upmarket Indian restaurant in Norwood. Sounds yummy and exotic. For the first time in my life I've dressed nice and worn a tie because I've wanted to (the other times have been because I've had to at weddings, funerals, and formal dances). As a celebration of a great friendship, dinner was on me tonight so I told Miss Double-K to pick out whatever she liked. With a worldly gaze, she glanced at the menu...

She had an Indian piña colada and I had a glass of NZ sauvignon blanc. The piña colada looked beautiful and tasted as such. As a starter we had naan with mango and tamarind chutneys, both of which were outstanding. As a vegetarian, she ordered tandoori paneer tikka, which are cottage cheese cubes marinated in garlic and yogurt sauce. 

As for my main, I opted for dhaniwal nilgiri lamb, which is lamb delicately cooked in spices, nuts, mint, and coconut.

Everything was lovely and tasty. We would spend the better part of the evening smiling and reminiscing on all the nice times we've had. Anikka truly is my best mate. Dinner tonight with Miss Double-K was absolutely beautiful. It was a rather pricey outing but it's extremely rare for me to go out for a dressy and extravagant dinner. These past few days have been an absolutely wonderful visit with Anikka and her family. I love her as much as I always have and I'm much more at peace with where we stand as friends. She makes my smile beam and my heart warm. 

Anikka, I shall write about you again...soon. I love you.

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.