Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

An emotional goodbye

ICELAND | Sunday, 24 June 2007 | Views [1956]

This was my final day in this absolutely great country. The runtur was quite awesome last night. I woke up in my tent at 5:30 after getting almost no sleep last night. So, I packed up my sleeping bag and bedroll and took down my tent. I then said good bye to Heath and Jody and I went and hung out at in the youth hostel next door. I was hoping to see Ketsia one last time, but I didn’t see her. At 7:25 I went outside with all my baggage to wait for the bus to the airport. It showed up five minutes later and I was very exhausted from last night. The bus drove to the Reykjavik bus station first, and we had to get on another bus. I took a short nap on the way to Keflavik, but I realized how much I’m going to miss this beautiful country. Its people and the land are a wonder like no other. The bus didn’t get to the airport until almost 9:00. You don’t need as much time here to check in for flights as you do back home, so it wasn’t a problem. In the U.S. you have to check in 3 hours early. I ran inside to check in and then went outside and got a photo of that colorful sculpture. Afterward, I went upstairs and got screened. It’s a pain because my shoes have so much metal in them. I then went and browsed around the shop. I got a “Lost In Iceland” T-shirt and a wool scarf, all for 4,410 kronur (about $75). I then got a soda and then got my exit passport stamp. I have 10 stamps now! I’m filling it up! I then went to the gate. I’m going to get ready for my flight now, but I’ll see you on the plane.

Tags: airports

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.