Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

Anikka and Me

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 15 August 2023 | Views [146]

Two of the most beautiful days of my life happened yesterday and today. I've mentioned her in several previous stories and I'm writing about her again. Anikka "Miss Double-K" is the absolute dearest lady in my life. When I arrived yesterday I ran with joy up the stairs as fast as possible so I could throw my arms around her. As always, she greeted me with a warm hug and we couldn't let each other go for several minutes. 

I know I've mentioned hundreds of ladies throughout my travels but Anikka is the lady that I absolutely love and adore most...and with good reason. She has always made my heart feel warm and she gives me the warmest hugs. Every day I'm with her she tells me that she loves me. Anikka told me today that she'd love to take a trip with me to the US and meet my family. They would absolutely adore her. Everybody else calls her "Neek" but I'm the only one that calls her "Miss Double-K." 

Tonight I wanted to shout Anikka dinner at an Indian restaurant but she's dealing with a bit of pain, so her and Mel (whom I call "mum") made some pasta with pesto. After a special request, she made some of her famous garlic bread. After dinner we sat close together, and I told her I wanted to play a song for her. I played "Always and Forever" by Heatwave. I first heard that song when I was 12 and I had always wanted to play it for a special lady, but didn't have an opportunity until today. It was my first visit with Anikka since before the pandemic, and I fall in love with her more each time I see her. After hitchhiking the Great Central Road last year I was at Cattle Springs Station and on my way to Erldunda when I messaged Anikka. She said then it wasn't a good time for a visit but her reply would have determined which direction I was heading; if she said yes I was heading south but since it wasn't a good time I headed north. Circumstances again would place me in Adelaide as it would have cost an arm and a leg to fly from Johannesburg to New Zealand so I opted to fly to Perth, hitchhike to Melbourne and fly to New Zealand from there. When I was in Bermuda in May, I broke my cherished pounamu necklace. Anikka helped me fix it this evening. It's in the shape of a manaia, which is the symbol of love. If anything never happens to me, that piece belongs to Anikka. We couldn't finish the evening without a bit of fun on the shoulders. She's taking a swing with a passion! 

My next visit with Anikka will happen in January. It will be the height of summer and we'll both be more relaxed. A trip to the beach in Glenelg and then a lovely dinner are already in the cards. Anikka, you're truly the only lady I've ever granted my eternal love to. I fall in love with you more and more each time I see you, and I will love you forever. 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.