Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

Alison

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 15 December 2015 | Views [778]

Alison in all her captivating splendour

Alison in all her captivating splendour

Ladies are as much of an adventure as the places I've visited whilst travelling. Alison is a captivating Kiwi-turned-bronzed-Aussie lass who is my latest in my stories of ladies to write about, and she sure is a unique one. A few months ago a mature-aged lady passed me by whilst I was reciting my poetry in Queenstown. When I tried talking to her she just sort of ignored me, and when I saw her again the next day she ignored me again. The ski season had virtually wound down to nothing so I was wondering what she was doing in Queenstown. Finally she decided to talk to me and gave me a hug one evening and our friendship began.

Alison and I would meet at Buffalo, have a glass of wine, chat, and get to know each other. She seemed utterly full of life, always smiling and curious, but there was a dark side to her as well.

Though originally from the south of New Zealand, Alison had lived in Sydney most of her life. Her daughter, brother, and ex-husband were all in Sydney. Queenstown had become very quiet and it wasn't much use doing anything since all the crowds were gone, and I wondered if it was worth my while to still be there. For the following week Alison and I would meet up each day and we'd chat and spend time together. Eventually I realized she was struggling with a very serious problem, but Alison wasn't some lady who belonged on a street corner. She was a damsel in distress and needed somone to be there for her. I was leaving Queenstown for my big Asia trip within a matter of days, but I felt it was my duty to get Alison safely back to Sydney. I was concerned she was going to get hurt if she remained in Queenstown.

At the airport I stayed with her for the better part of six hours and did not leave until I saw her get on the plane. I was sad, very sad. Sad to the point that I cried with my friend Georgie that evening. She assured me that I did the best I could do even though I felt like I didn't do enough. During my time in Asia we had no contact and I could only hope Alison received the help she needed and that she was surrounded by loving and supportive people.

Yesterday we saw each other for the first time since Queenstown and she looked great! In Alison's eyes I could see a vibrant, positive energy that I didn't see in Queenstown. She was wonderful, and we spent so much time chatting yesterday. One of the best things I ever did was get her on a plane and back to her family in Sydney. She used to be a model and has retained her shape so she could still be a model today! Alison is considering the possibility of modelling work and accepted the proposal of a photoshoot, and she suggested Cronulla Beach. She posed like a true professional and it was a joy to help her again. 

Alison is genuine and down-to-earth, and a true beauty! In several areas of the beach, amidst the sand dunes, we shot some of these incredible photos. Alison's favourite bikini is the one with the Australian flag. Originally a Kiwi, she makes Australia proud. 

 

Alison frequently, albeit understandably lies about her age. She's a lot older than she looks with a young personality. We shall remain friends for a long time and she can rest assured that I'll always be there for her in whatever way possible. She's lived in New York and is fairly well-travelled, so she has a view of the world and there's definitely a brain up there. Cronulla Beach was loads of fun. We look forward to another photoshoot soon. Perhaps the exotic locale of Norfolk Island next?

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.