Existing Member?

Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet A young poet with Asperger's makes travel his passion, and away he goes...

Queenstown Hill Panorama

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 27 July 2014 | Views [984]

Since I left Norfolk Island two months ago I've been busy not doing much! I can't believe I haven't written anything in over two months! I'm on the cusp of a major journey that shall take me to a special place, a childhood dream, the top of a mountain, crossing a geographic centrepoint, and hopping across many humid islands. Today wasn't anything of that sort but it was a small journey up Queenstown Hill. I've lived in Queenstown twice and I haven't done many of the short walks around. This town can get extremely chaotic but thankfully there are many escapes within an hour's drive, a short bike ride, or even a walk. In my pack I had an apple, a banana, a water bottle, thermal of tea, a couple of books, and my trusty camera. I've done many walks in New Zealand, but this one is a nice walk with many breathtaking views! Here you see the reflection of the Remarkables, the trees, and the clouds on the pond.

Further up the hill I marched on, and at the summit I said "konnichi wa" to these girls from Japan. Needing to get more videos for Fearless Journey I had them shoot a short video of me explaining that out of your comfort zone, anything is possible! Today was one of the most gorgeous days in a long while and I could sit and walk comfortably in a T-shirt. Watching the airplanes take off with the Remarkables in the backdrop remind me of how small we are compared to Mother Nature. 

Even better is that it sports the silver ferm! Of all the places I've travelled, New Zealand has my heart more than any other! Years ago one of my customers said "New Zealand is a geographer's paradise!" And he isn't far wrong. As I sat at the summit of Tapa-nui (Queenstown Hill) contentedly I glanced at a brochure about a special place, sipped my Turkish tea, and feasted on a banana. As usual, I had to be Chris Farrell and sport my excitement!

Only I had to feel larger than Mother Nature! Next up walking-wise is either Ben Lomond or Rob Roy's Peak (on the inspiration of French CouchSurfer Anne).

About kiwiaoraki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.