Existing Member?

Steve and Emma's Travel Tales

Pokhara to Kathmandu

NEPAL | Saturday, 16 March 2013 | Views [587]

The tourist bus station in Pokhara has a beautiful mountain backdrop and this nicely set the tone for the scenery along the way; paddy fields and banana palms leading up to 7000m peaks.  The journey was smooth and enjoyable until we were within 25kms of Kathmandu where we joined the line of traffic crawling up the mountain road to town.  Luckily we were dropped very near the tourist area Thamel, so wandered off to find somewhere to stay.  In actual fact we headed straight for International Guesthouse where we’d stayed 4 years ago.

It’s gone up market and the prices have increased somewhat but we negotiated the B&B rate to an acceptable level.  In the end it turned out to be money well spent as having already seen all the tourist spots in Kathmandu we fully utilised our room.  For about $30 a night we had pretty much 24hr power, free, secure luggage store, an excellent, free wifi connection, piping hot water shower, somewhere to plug in our kettle, a private balcony area, the use of the blissfully quiet, well-tended garden and a very generous breakfast thrown in.  Believe me; we made sure we got value for money! 

About steve_and_emma

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.