Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Union Island, Grenadines

SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES | Sunday, 28 February 2010 | Views [1328]

Costs pp: MV Jasper boat from Carriacou to Union Island EC$25, big room at Lambi's Guesthouse EC$88 (double) with ensuite and tv, meal of hamburger and chips EC$18, meal of fish and salad EC$30, 250ml beer EC$5

We arrived in a port called Ashton on Union Island and everyone had to pile into taxis with the captain and go to the airport where the immigrations were. It took a while and yet was nothing much and we all burst out of there and headed to the main port of Clifton Beach nearby. There were 8 backpackers together now and 6 of us had become friends and spent a bit of time together here.

This is a small island (as they all are) and there is nothing much to do but laze on a beach and spend the evenings talking with friends over a meal and a beer. The first night one of the other couples and us camped on a beach where there were some abandoned houses but the second night we had a night in a guesthouse so we could shower and have a bit of comfort as we've been camping quite a few nights straight.

Carol went off on a walk and found a lovely beach over the other side of the island with white sand and blue warm seas and a bar (gingerbeer on ice, perfect) with shadey sitting areas for wanderers like her to while away the hours. She forgot to take the camera though so you will all have to just imagine how nice it was.

The ferry to our next stop of St Vincent was supposed to carry us there in the morning but because of the problems with the water shortage etc it had to go down to Carriacou and because of that came to pick us up at 7pm. Because of this we ended up travelling up through the islands of the Grenadines at night and were unable to see them. Lambi at our guesthouse was great and let us use the room for the whole day and let our friends put their packs there too.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.