Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Amazing bus trip from Mocoa to Pasto

COLOMBIA | Friday, 5 June 2009 | Views [5498]

theres a bus down there

theres a bus down there

The next morning, still drizzling, we caught a collectivo (car that goes when full) to Pitalito and from there through to Mocoa. We stayed the night in a small residencia which was a very simple room with a bed for 7,000p. Mocoa was an uninteresting town and we were woken early the next morning by the alarm of the guy next door who had already left, the alarm went on and on... Thoroughly pissed off we got up, it was 4.30am! Went across to the bus station and waited for a bus to Pasto. We finally left after 7am not knowing the experience we were in for.

The trip started straight up into the hill/mountains, total greenery but high! Man were they high! The road (a goat track ! ) curled along up and up and we got to see beautiful views back over the land surrounding Mocoa. The trip thru these magnificent views lasted about 3 hours and we then came down to a town called San Francisco and had another 2 hours journey to Pasto. When we got there we congratulated our driver on a FANTASTIC journey.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.