Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

El Bolson, Argentina

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 24 September 2009 | Views [1011]

the house we stayed in

the house we stayed in

Costs pp: bus Bariloche to El Bolson 23p.

We went to El Bolson just for a day, it has been recommended to us by many travelers we have met and it didn't disappoint. Nestled between craggy peaks it is a verdant valley with a warmer climate than Bariloche with it's cold winds off the lake. Kent wasn't well and spent the time at the home of Federico (couchsurfing) sleeping it off. Carol headed out to Lago Puelo to visit the mother (Dalva) of a young woman we had met in Bolivia.

Dalva immediately raced out to pick Carol up and they spent the day together. First a tour of Lago Puelo which rises so much when the winter snow melts that it completely covers the area they were walking on. Then lunch at Dalvas home which is a hostel in the making, beside the house is a huge garden of lavenders made into pathways and there were narcisos (daffodils) growing under the trees just like home. The afternoon was spent touring the countryside, all over, in and out the country roads, looking at this and that. Trying to communicate in spanish and having some laughs, a wonderful day! Thank you Dalva!

In the evening we caught the bus (an hour late, first late bus we've had in a long time) at 8pm to Comodoro Rivadavia on the Atlantic coast.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.