Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina

BOLIVIA | Tuesday, 22 September 2009 | Views [839]

View from the balcony of Hostel 1004

View from the balcony of Hostel 1004

Costs pp: bus Osorno to Bariloche 13,500p, dorm bed at Hotel Inn Bariloche 45p includes breakfast, dinner and internet.

The journey from Osorno to the border was filled with lovely countryside views, after exiting Chile at customs we then travelled another 20 minutes or more to the Argentine customs entry point. Carols mochila (backpack) was one of the random ones chosen to be searched there, but its a small and not intensive search. From the border to Bariloche we travelled down the northern shore of Lago Nahuel Huapi a huge lake and the views were really beautiful. In summer it must be amazing.

Near the bottom of the lake we could see San Carlos de Bariloche, called just 'Bariloche', across the other side. It was a beautiful day and when we arrived we caught a bus into town and went to look at a hostel that was in the top floor of a downtown building. The view from there was wonderful but we decided to go and stay at the other hostel a bit up on the hill. This town is like Queenstown and everything is expensive, having 2 meals provided and internet free is excellent for us.

We stayed 2 nights and just looked around the town of Bariloche itself during the next day. The sun was warm but the wind was bitter. The first night when everyone had gone to bed we jumped on the computers and spent until 5am finally sorting and uploading our pics to the blog here. So we hope that you all have a look at them!

Next destination El Bolson, 2 hours south.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.