Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

One day in Denver

USA | Friday, 15 August 2008 | Views [985]

Dinner

Dinner

 

Today Kent got to meet the rest of the family and for me it was just great seeing everyone again! Belinda (oldest), Haley and boyfriend Brian, Glen (youngest) and Julie (Dawn's youngest). Last night the weather held off but today it was like we were back in Rotorua! Overcast and constant rain, so we stayed in all day. Kent took both cameras apart but was unable to repair them, !!**??**

I got to hop on the internet and sort things and also Elaine got out the sewing machine and we did some running repairs on my backpack.

Everyone sat down to dinner and we had such a great time, full of conversation on all sorts of subjects and lots of laughter. At 9pm we headed to Best Buys and Walmart to buy another camera, Walmart stays open all night. At home we found Brian making caramelised banana for desert with icecream, of course Kent and I had 2 helpings. Later Elaine, Belinda, Julie and I stood around the piano and sang some of the old songs we all knew trying out different harmonies. Glen and Kent tried out some Austrian beer and talked the legs off the table. We finally hit the hay about 2am after reorganising our gear, we are leaving stuff not needed on this leg here and will pick it up at the end.

Tags: denver

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.