Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Denver to Salt Lake City - a Rocky Mountain ride

USA | Saturday, 16 August 2008 | Views [700] | Comments [1]

Up at 5.30am, coffee! Elaine drove us to Denver, still raining. Train late, could have slept in! It arrived finally at 9.15am and left around 9.45 (supposed to be 8.05am). With the cloud and rain we didn't get a great look at the eastern side of the Rockies but once we got over the highest point (thru a 6 mile 10 minute long tunnel) it became more and more fine. The pics are of the day trip which ended at 11.30pm at Salt Lake City. SLC Despite the guidebook warning us that we would be arriving at a station that was in an unsafe part of town we arrived to find a newly built station and a tram waiting to carry us for free to within a few blocks of our guesthouse. The checkin was automated and we showered and slept and left at 8am without having talked to a soul there. Back to the tram catching it this time to Temple Square. While waiting for the shuttlebus to Yellowstone I wandered inside the conference centre we sat beside (lots of well dressed people flooding in) to find the Tabernacle Choir was performing “Music & The Spoken Word”. I got to listen to 2 pieces and took some pics then headed off to find some breakfast then we boarded the van. The trip was uneventful and we arrived at West Yellowstone at about 4.30pm giving us time to register at the quaint Madison Hotel and explore the town before hitting the hay in a lovely rustic bed and room.

 

Comments

1

Did you get to see Yogi Bear at Yellowstone Park??? REPLY: No darn it! We didn't get to see him! haha Carol & Kent

  Dad Aug 20, 2008 8:18 PM

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.