Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Normality?

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 22 December 2021 | Views [234]

I have returned to my home, my home, my home. It's a weird feeling returning. I'm out of sorts. I look around and see that I have entirely too much stuff. Things are in a mess and so many things need doing here that it becomes overwhelming to even think about them all. Our bathroom is a bit further on than where it was. I removed all the walls and vinyl off the floor, we took out the shower, bath and vanity before I went away. Now the bath cradle is gone and a repair has been made to the floor but that's it.

Our old friend/flatmate John has returned to stay with us, this time he is staying in the apartment below. We are sharing his shower as we have none upstairs now. This is ok and not ok. It works and it doesn't work. Kent goes down and showers before going to work, John is usually still in bed. When he gets up he has a shower. However, the cylinder in the apartment is too small for 3 showers so I haven't figured out yet where I can fit in. 

Today I went for a ride on my Harley, it was wonderful to be back out on the road and the weather and company of friends was magic.

Did someone say it's Christmas?

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.