Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Announcement !!!

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 24 December 2013 | Views [747]

X marks the spot where I will be when I get my present. What present is that I hear you say? My new granddaughter! What? she couldn't wait!

It's official, I am a Nanma for the third time. Due on the 26th December Georgia Johnson was born a week early on 20th December. Actually she was born at midnight on the 19th and Corrin was given the choice of what day would be her birthday and she chose the new day. Cool eh! What's even more amazing is that it is a repetition of her own birth. Corrin was born at midnight on the 4th October and as with Georgia I was given the choice of which day would be her birthday and I also chose the new day, the 5th. What are the odds of that happening :)

So I missed the birth of my first grandchild because it happened in the theatre with Kent and I in the corridor outside. I missed the birth of my second grandchild because I felt I need to complete my work duties and therefore arrived half an hour late. And just to make it a complete trifector my third grandchild came before I even caught the plane to Australia. Haha, at least when I do something I do it well. I felt terrible when I first learnt that Georgia was born, felt like I had let Corrin down. I had planned to arrive before the birth but not too early in case she was overdue which is on the cards with a first baby. After talking with all my children I felt better and was helped to realise it worked out better as I arrived over here just after Mum and baby arrived home so can be of help every day I'm here.

So I am in Australia to help my youngest daughter whilst she steps into the motherhood phase of her life. I have to say it is going to be the biggest shock she will ever receive and (as with all new parents) she and her mans lives will be turned up side down for the next oh 20 - 30 or so years. Haha, pay backs a bitch ain't it but.

Georgia is gorgeous (unbiased opinion :) I'm loving holding this tiniest little body, she is so good, relaxed and eating and sleeping well. I'm loving also the lovely weather although Corrin & Adam have their airconditioner on too low for me, I go out on the deck and enjoy the warmth.

So life will begin and end with Miss Geogia Johnson until she gets a sibling, Mum goes back to work, school starts. Adjustments all around, part of the plan for every day.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.