Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

get in line!

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 8 February 2014 | Views [865]

I do so try to be orderly. In fact I love to organise things, at present I have rearranged our family room and am busy organising things into designated areas. When it's finished I will feel that glow of satisfaction that preceeds looking for another task and the space will slowly but surely become unruly again. Our garden started off in an orderly state then gathered a mind of its own and now there is no set spot for any vegetable, they are welcomed wherever they pop up. When I tried to start reorganising it Kent suggested we try 'wild gardening' this I took as being the opportunity not to weed or organise but to just pick what fights the hardest and survives.

Now it would help if I had someone to help organise me (she casts about for a likely candidate) but Kent is as bad as me. He loves organising then makes a mess even better than I do.

These next 2 months are going to be fun. This week we have Kate to stay, next week we have couchsurfers coming, the week after Adam Corrin and baby Georgia arrive and I get to have Georgia to myself for a weekend (yeh!). After that I head off to a Bruce Springstien concert with several crazy friends and after that friends from Oz come to stay. Then Lyall and Lijun come to stay when stockcars are on and the week after that it's the Beach Hop in Whangamata.

I've asked for the 3 days off that go between Easter and our ANZAC weekend and that will give me 10 days off in a row. I'm having a lot of days off this year, in fact I was feeling so guilty about taking yesterday off after having time off to be in Oz that I ended up going into work for a couple of hours to do the basics. You see we have booked our tickets for USA, Route 66, we fly to see Corrin for a few days then back thru Auckland and on to San Francisco and on to Kansas where we stay a couple of days then down by bus to Wichita to buy our motorbike. We get home 5 weeks after we leave. A bit of a short travel for us but a travel never-the-less.

As it happened, when I was booking the fights I feel prey to an advertisement about cheap flights to Oz later in the year. I just had a quick look, and a quick think about dates, and before you know it the darn thing had booked me flights over to see gorgeous Georgia in October.

I have yet to tell my boss about that.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.