Existing Member?

Steve and Emma's Travel Tales

Lake Langano

ETHIOPIA | Sunday, 24 March 2019 | Views [142]

Lake langano

Lake langano

It is always good for your sanity and well-being to get out of Addis every now and again. So when our mates Jason and Jeanie invited us along to one of their favourite spots, Lake Langano, of course we jumped at the chance. The fact that it coincided with our wedding anniversary meant one thing…..party ! We were going to stay at the British Embassy cottages right on the shore of the lake and you need to take everything with you as it is a remote location. We loaded up the car with all the supplies and off we set off at day break with Rasta the Ethiopian wild dog.

The journey down was quite smooth with just the last section on rough dirt road as we approached the lake. The cottages are in a beautiful setting with expansive vistas of the lake. Quite basic accommodation, no power but probably better than our flat in Addis and we had everything we needed and the gas fridge was working so the beers would be cool.

We had a fantastic weekend, swimming, kayaking, lounging about and enjoying several braais and even more cold beverages. The birdlife in the area was unbelievable and we spotted over 50 species, I’m sure there was even more than we didn’t identify. You didn’t have to leave the cottage balcony to see the birds as they came to see you. It is a very tranquil place and a great antidote to the noise and chaos of Addis. We were sad to pack up and head back but thank you Jason, Jeanie and Rasta for making our anniversary special.

 

About steve_and_emma

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ethiopia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.