Existing Member?

Steve and Emma's Travel Tales

Snow in Africa

SOUTH AFRICA | Friday, 31 July 2015 | Views [493]

No snow in Africa Mr Geldof? Well we had a fantastic road trip from Bathurst up to Jo'Burg in order to catch our flight back to the UK to sort out Emma's SA visa. We headed towards the Drakensburg mountains and stopped off in Underberg to amire the stunning snow capped peaks. We then headed to the kamberg section of the Drakensburg and stayed in a wonderful chalet with views of the mountains. We were the only people there and enjoyed the trails all to ourselves. next we meandered through the midlands meander and spent the night at the wonderrful colonial Nottingham Road Hotel. A great place almost as good and as old as our Pig and Whistle in Bathurst. A slight detour took us to a fantastic small nature reserve called Weenen and again we had the place to ourselves apart from all the animals including half a dozen white rhino! We took in a bit of history in Ladysmith and Dundee which both have great museums and we learnt a lot about the Boer War. Back to the mountains and we headed to Champagne Valley, unfortunately no fizzy stuff on offer but we did enjoyed a wonderful hike in Tshirt and shorts. Not bad for a South African winter complete with snow!

 

About steve_and_emma

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.