Existing Member?

Steve and Emma's Travel Tales

Morley House Renovations Update: Work on the Roof Finally Begins

SOUTH AFRICA | Friday, 5 June 2015 | Views [614]

The stripping begins!

The stripping begins!

A lot of people have been asking how things are going with work on Morley House and if we are getting closer to our dream of running a guest house & tea rooms. A few even seem to think that I've been doing nothing but sit around watching football and cricket down here in South Africa while Emma has been working hard in Uganda! Well contray to poplar belief I have been working hard painting as much as possible to get the place looking spick and span.

The big news is that last week work finally started on re-thatching the roof on the main house. We have been trying to get this done since September so it really was a monumentous ocassion. I've put some photos on the gallery (on the right) to show the progress and will of course put some more on as the roof is finished and we get closer to getting ready to open for business (hopefully in october).

Some peole have also been trying to figure out the layout of the property from the photos previously uploaded on this site, and I don't blame you, I'm still trying to get to grips with the size of the place and often find myself wandering around the property trying to comprehend that it is all ours! So I have put some more general shots of the place to try to show the set up.

It will be best when you can all come and visit and see the place for yourselves.

 

 

 

About steve_and_emma

Cheers!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.