Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

to Zuera and Zaragosa, Spain 19 October

SPAIN | Tuesday, 19 October 2010 | Views [955]

Next morning we headed for Zuera, Spain which is the home town of an old beau of Carols, Domingo. We had rung his mother earlier and discovered that Domingo went into hospital in Zaragosa last Wednesday and were invited to come and stay at his home and visit him. Another beautiful day as we travelled through the Pyrenees again, we crossed the Col d'Aubisque, Col du Pourtalet we could see that snow had fallen overnight, the mountains were lightly dusted with snow and waterfall were edged with icicles. Icicles were also hanging from grassy banks in the shade. At midday we entered Spain again and headed over very good roads to Zuera which is made up of many one way streets, a cool little rabbit warren, the countryside surrounding the town is bare and the houses have barred windows and fenced compounds like central/south america.. We found Domingo's home and were met by his sister, Eva, and mother and made us welcome, Carol last stayed with them in January 2005. Then she was unable to communicate at all but this time was a little better though she is still at the learner stage.

The hospital Domingo is in is on the outskirts of Zaragosa and Eva drove down there ahead of us to show us the way. Domingo got a bit of a shock to see Carol as no-one had told him she was coming so it was a nice surprise. He is suffering very bad back pains, so bad he has to lie all day on the bed and if he has to get up it causes him a lot of pain. We stayed a few hours and again the next day we visited again and he and Carol rehashed the memories of their travels in Pakistan.

To see our photos  http://cjb.pascoe.net.nz/   (click on or copy and paste into browser)

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.