Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

end of our journey through the UK

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 1 September 2010 | Views [583]

We had a wonderful weekend at Solfest in Siloth on the northwest coast of Cumbria. Four days of sunshine (mostly) and music and laughter. We helped James and his friend Ian in their 'Healing' tent and it was amazing. Everyone at the festival was happy and having a great time, the music was amazing and we came away with some wonderful memories.

We headed down the coast and then crossed England straight down to London where Kent had to sort out his passport. We thought we would only be there for a morning but in the end we stayed 2 nights with Maxines daughter Sian who is working in London and were able to catch up with Jitender, our friend from our flight to Iceland, and go and see the British Museum which we had missed out last time. At the museum we found a crowd of people and discovered they were filming an episode of 'Antiques Roadshow' so we wandered about and tried to wave at the cameras, just kidding. The museum was amazing.

After a bit of talking we realised we haven't seen Sian for 5 years when we had dinner at her house in Rotorua before she headed off to Australia. Wow does time fly or what! We zoomed over to Chelmsford and picked up a secondhand front engine mount for the car, it broke a month or so ago so Kent tied some rope around it and its been great but its MoT (WoF) time so we have to fix it.

Back to our beginning point at Fran and Johns home in Walderslade and welcomed home like we had never left, we headed out from here on the 29th of May. Took everything out of the car to have a sort and purge and headed for the testing station. Only fail was the 4 tyres which we knew we needed to replace and a numberplate bulb. The guy testing the car said it is in really good nick and he has seen a lot worse considering its age.

We have booked the ferry from Dover to Dunkerque for Monday 13th 8am, we'll visit Kents aunt and uncle in Broadstairs for the weekend and leave from there. We have no plans yet for Europe but have bought a map book from Amazon and when it arrives we'll start throwing darts or blindfold ourselves and use pins to see where we might head.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.