Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

BOLIVIA | Wednesday, 2 September 2009 | Views [2299] | Comments [2]

better than Kent being under Carol´s thumb hehe!

better than Kent being under Carol´s thumb hehe!

Costs pp: Bus Potosi to Uyuni 30b, Mat room at Hospedaje Turistico 'El Salvador' in the bus terminal street 60b (2ppl) has hot showers, good bed. Salar de Uyuni tour 550b with Expediciones Alkaya (includes all meals, accomodation and snacks, email Gladys at exp-alkaya@hotmail.com)- We even had a couple of bottles of wine at one meal. I talked to some of the other tour groups and got the following comments: Mont Blanc (or some similar name) not enough food, Red Planet raved about their guide who spoke english and some german and was a font of information but their car had holes and they had a very dusty trip, Estralla del Sur had a good tour and food, Andes Salt Tours were the same but their cost was higher.

We took a 3 day/2 night tour from Uyuni back to Uyuni over the Salt flats and to see lots of different lakes. We travelled in a 4x4 with 4 other tourists and had a fun few days. First day we visited a steam train cemetary and then travelled across the huge salt flats taking funny photos, and that night stayed in San Juan in a hostel made of salt bricks. Got up early to freeze watching the sunrise the next day then saw lots of different lakes (including a red one) and lots of pink flamingos then stayed at an ordinary hostel. Last day we got up at 5am and had a dip in a hot pool, then more lakes, including a green one, and of course more flamingos, llamas and vicuñas and a long drive back to Uyuni. The pics tell a better tale...

 

Comments

1

hola chicos !!
we were at salar uyuni. it was very cold.

courge and enjoy !!!

we are now in cordoba, cordoba, argentina !!!re lindo!!!
we wish we will see you soon !!

  gilles yann y clara Sep 5, 2009 9:36 AM

2

Happy Birthday for the 7th Bro hope you still having a blast. Miss ya love Lil Bro Darren.

  Darren Lil Bro Sep 11, 2009 7:26 PM

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.