Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Trinidad, Bolivia

BOLIVIA | Sunday, 23 August 2009 | Views [1518]

Costs pp: San Borja terminal fee 2b, ordinary bus to Trinidad 50b.

At the San Borja terminal we found that there had been a rearrangement of seats, there were too many people travelling so another old rumpy bus had been brought in for the overflow. We objected to losing our front seats so they stuck us in the rumpty tumpty old bus but we got the front seats (Kent needs the space, Carol likes the views) and away we went. Good thing about rumpty old buses is their seats are usually quite comfortable and so it was with this one. The pampas (pasture) countryside was quite boring so Kent slept most of the way.

A good bit came when we suddenly came to a river and drove straight down the bank and onto a big barge. Most people got off the bus and sat out on the barge as it crossed the river and ran up the bank at the other side to buy drinks and food while the bus got unloaded.

We arrived in Trinidad mid afternoon and decided we would go straight on to Santa Cruz on an overnight bus. We went to the public baños and had a great refreshing shower then headed up town to get a feed. Trinidad is quite a nice town and even more full of motorbikes than San Borja. It has a great main plaza with excellent statues but we found it hard to find a reasonably priced restaurant until we headed out a bit and finally found the markets. On the way back we passed another really nice big plaza just around the corner from the terminal and that was where all the street food was.

Next stop Santa Cruz

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.