Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Melanque

MEXICO | Thursday, 18 December 2008 | Views [2155]

An awesome sunrise on a perfect beach

An awesome sunrise on a perfect beach

The bus took us from Puerto Vallarta to the Botannical Gardens south of the city. It is just in it's infancy and not really worth the visit (in hindsight), in a few years it might look good. We hitched a lift from there to El Tuito where we had a delightful lunch and then hitchhiked on to Melaque being lucky enough to get one short ride then one long one all the way there, arriving in the dark.

We were allowed to sleep on the beach in front of the cafe where we spent the evening having a few drinks. The night was warm and the sky spectacular. In the morning Carol watched the sunrise and found that we were in an absolutely beautiful bay. We stayed until midafternoon then caught the bus on to Colima. Carol was really sad to move on but Kent had had enough of beaches. It is such a beautiful place as you can see from the pics. Not built out, still peaceful, not too many people.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.