Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Camping on the beach

MEXICO | Thursday, 20 November 2008 | Views [1022]

Around the campfire

Around the campfire

After Agua Caliente we camped in a campgrounds at Los Barrilos, it was really great there, 140p a night for us both and lovely showers and a swimming pool on the beach and only one other person in the camping area. We ate each night at a small local restaurant and had fresh fish, Kent had a 'Super Burro' a huge burrito filled with shrimp. From there it was back to La Paz and our friend Kati's place. We stayed one night (long enough to vote by fax back to NZ) then Robert from Pescadero arrived in his truck and we all piled in and headed out to find the Rainbow gathering. It was not easy! In fact the first night we didn't find it and ended up sleeping on a beach on the way and finding the gathering the next day.

We have now been camping there since the 1st of November, on a beach north of La Paz on arid, cactus bearing, multicoloured land. At first the days were so hot that we would crawl into any shade available during the middle of the day and spend a lot of time in the warm sea. But now the days are cooler and we are browner and the sea also is cooler. At first there were only a few people camping with us but over the days more have come. During the day now we get to learn Thai massage and yoga, magical on the beach during sunrise or sunset. There are two meals provided a day, always tasty and nutritious although basic.

I (Carol) am in La Paz today. I have an absess in my top jaw and one of my teeth has broken. I've been in a lot of pain as it's hard for any swelling to go anywhere in the bones of your head. I'm seeing the dentist in an hour or so and hopefully she will make me magically well again. Not sure if my tooth needs a root canal or it's a random thing. Kent is still out on the beach, he is enjoying it there although I am feeling like it is time to move on again.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.