Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

La Paz, Baja Sur

MEXICO | Thursday, 16 October 2008 | Views [709] | Comments [2]

The Malicon

The Malicon

We arrived in Los Mochis and got a bus straight to Topolobampo and bought a ferry ticket to La Paz for 750p each. The ferry left at 11.30pm and we were there at 4pm so just waited in the terminal, as usual the weather was lovely. The trip was supposed to take 6 hours but in fact it took 13 hours so they gave us a free breakfast onboard. The trip was ok, a little rolling but we figured it was because the ferry is a little narrower than our ferries and a little taller but otherwise the same. Where we have carpet they have tiles, we got to watch a few more movies.

At the La Paz port we got a lift from a lovely man there into town and rang our couchsurfing friend Kathie who met us in town and we walked to her place. She and her flatmate are German and working at the university here. That night their friend picked us up in his jeep and took us to a nearby beach where we swam in the sunset in the beautiful warm salty sea with two pelicans flying around above us. Yesterday (Wednesday) we explored La Paz and in the evening went to a musika concert which was really cool and two of the musicians came around and spent the evening with us, an evening of laughter and song, it was great. Our next move is to go camping around the bottom of the peninsular for maybe two weeks.

 

Comments

1

Wow sounds wonderful!!

  Haley Nov 12, 2008 12:33 PM

2

Yes, now that sounds nice, wish I was there!
Have fun and be safe.
Hasta la cucaracha!

  Dawn Nov 13, 2008 5:20 AM

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.