Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Glens Falls, NY

USA | Saturday, 30 August 2008 | Views [823]

Kent, Carol, Carolina, Grant

Kent, Carol, Carolina, Grant

It was good to get on the train and rest our weary legs, we did a fair amount of walking this morning. Carol was really feeling the burn! The journey to Albany was a short 6 hours,the trains in the east are single level and the tracks are noticeable. It's still a pleasant trip but more like travelling on the train in NZ.

At Albany we had to catch a taxi over the river to the Greyhound terminal. There was no way of doing it on foot. It was a 2 minute journey and it cost us $11.75 which is quite high so Carol argued with the taxi driver but we had to pay up. The good part was that when we got to the Greyhound terminal there was an earlier bus going to Glens Falls so we jumped straight on that.

On the bus Kent got told by the driver to turn down his mp3, haha, 'Can passengers please play their music at a level only they can hear' over the intercom. Of course Kent was listening to his music so couldn't hear the announcement. He was listening to Chemical Brothers.

Glens Falls had a nice feel to it on arrival, we sat near the town centre while we waited for Carolina and Penelope to pick us up and ate Burger Fuel - they have a $1 side salad there thats really good and cheap!

Back to their house and Grant got home a little after we arrived. Carol got a bit of time on the internet and we all got to talk. Grant is enjoying his job as a layout designer for the newspaper and Carolina is working a couple of jobs and also painting and redesigning clothes. Penelope is one year old (today) and just an absolute little cutey!

31 August

Carol and Carolina went for a visit to see Carolina's aunt who is also coincidentally visiting at the moment. They had a lovely walk through the countryside near Lake Henry then returned in time for Grant to talk us to the train at 12.30. Although it was a very quick visit it was an excellent one and we were so glad we came. Carol hadn't seen her nephew Grant since he was about 10 years old when their family visited NZ. Grant is the same age as Luke and reminded us a lot of him too.

Tags: glens falls

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.