Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

First flight out of NZ for the longest time

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 14 April 2022 | Views [205]

I'm in Oz with my daughter and granddaughter having not seen them for around 3 years. It's wonderful to be here, and it's lovely weather. A few things have changed in C's house. The kitchen, bathroom and laundry have been remodelled and the whole house inside and out has been repainted. I've been busy weeding her large retaining bank next to the house and also painting balustrades. 

Georgia and I have been at the beach and parks together while mum works. I got to go out with a friend on his Kawasaki 1400 GTR for a good long ride. I thought it might be hard to be on the back but as I have ridden pillion with him years ago it all felt quite natural. It was great to be out in the wind. His wife, my long time friend, and I have been able to spend time together too. So good to reconnect.

I came a week early as I was sitting at home afraid to go out in case I caught the bot and would not be allowed to fly. So changed my flight and headed over. G had the bot when I arrived but neither C nor I got it from her. I'm now half way through the visit and it's going fast. 

A bit of a boring post but just a note really, hard to believe I'm finally here...

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.