Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Delay, delay, delay

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 14 April 2019 | Views [573]

I did wonder about just not doing this any more... but if there's anything I've discovered about life it's that what I feel or think one day will invariably change tomorrow, next week, next year.

We have had an awesome summer in Kiwilandia this year. Lots of good riding days.

In February I got to fly, courtesy of some very cheap Air NZ flights, to Houston for my nieces wedding. I spent about 10 days with my 2 sisters who live there and it was just THE BEST! It was random, unplanned, a surprise to have it happen and I was so welcomed by my sisters who just fitted me in with their lives. It's been hard being so far apart from them all my life but the world is getting smaller with cheaper flights and ease of communication these days.

In March our family had a reunion here in NZ. Half of the family now live in USA. We have a BIG family. One branch didn't attend (a big branch) but even without them we had 80 people there. That included partners and also a visit from a cousin who discovered the reunion was on and dropped in. The 78 others were all related to my parents by blood, whangai or marriage to children or grandchildren. My Mum who is now 96 and has dementia also has 2 great great grandchildren (5 generations) one of whom was at and turned one at the reunion. It was just an amazing weekend, better than I ever could have imagined such an event to go. I so love my family, each and every one of them, I'm so proud of each and every one of them too.

The weekend after the reunion I went to WOMAD in New Plymouth, this is my annual pilgrimage. I used to attend with a friend but for the last few years I've been going on my own and find I really enjoy wandering about on my own. It's a 3 day and nights event, I sleep sometimes in a tent and last year in my car, this year I took Kent's ute and slept in the back of that which worked really well. The daily events start at lunchtime so after a sleep in and chill I walk down from the racecourse (where everyone camps) into the huge valley garden area and stay there until midnight when it ends. I love it.

LIFE  IS  AWESOME

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.