Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Winteritis

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 21 July 2018 | Views [546]

Itchy feet, restless soul, unexpressed desires... That's me at the moment. I want to be wandering in a warm country, Greek Islands spring to mind for some reason. Maybe it's because of the cold, the rain and the seclusion from adventure that brings to me as I don't do cold well.

This winter is a wet cold one here in Kiwiania, bad for crops, bad for riding, bad for outdoor exercise, good for the land I think though. Nature / Mother Earth / Papatuanuku is washing off the crap that we are constantly dumping on her.

Kent has had an operation on his stump so has been getting about on his sticks for about 6 weeks or so now. He's been suffering a while with nerve issues in it so hopefully the op sorts it going forward. Our bikes are off the road, parked up for the winter, him because of his op and me because I'm a wuss and don't ride in the cold.

Better get out and prune the trees before spring.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.