Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

love

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 9 May 2016 | Views [549]

Isn't about feelings, it's about what you will give and what your partner will accept. You may be willing to give all but if your partner doesn't want it all then it can lead to a sticky situation.

It has taken a few  years for Kent and I to work out where we are with one another. I feel that you put one another first then everything will work well. So I used to make coffee and breakfast in bed for Kent and pamper him a bit and I thought this would be reciprical (can't believe I'm not young). I discovered over time that it wasn't and I got mad then sad and finally when he continued to do things for himself without thinking of me although I clearly was always thinking of him I threw my toys out of the cot and stopped doing things for him.

The problem was not that he doesn't do things for me (he used to in the first flush of the relationship but that cools off doesn't it) but that I had different expectations of him than his ideas of his role in the relationship. I'm sure he has gone through a similar expectation and disappointment with me. So I backed my pampering off, I think that we both like to feel we are independant of each other but like each others company and to do things together. So our relationship is strong but often clashy, if that's a word.

We get frustrated with one another, especially when cold, tired or hungry but it is short lived. It's amazing how long it takes to adjust to one another, it's probably a fairly slow process because we are growing and changing anyway as individuals as time passes anyway.

Love you babe.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.