Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

End of another year

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 14 December 2015 | Views [677]

It's been a good year for riding. From January to May we were on the bikes almost every weekend. I take the bike off the road over winter as I admit I am a fair weather rider, can't handle the wind chill factor when it's cold. Got it back on the road in August and have had a lot of good rides since then. We got to go to most rally's and events we wanted to except for the Beach Hop at Whangamata which was replaced by the birth of my gorgeous grandson Darcy which I would not have missed for the world.

It's been a good year in our house, we wouldn't manage to keep it going as well as we do without Helpxers (see helpex.net for info). These young travellers help with all sorts of jobs that in time overwhelm me when they are not done and we get to enjoy their company as well. Kent has built a new woodshed so the wood is closer to the house - excellent! He just spent the last weekend replacing a fence on our patio, we replace a rotten wooden fence with a pool fence, it is a little high at 1.2mtr but allows for a great view over our lawns and native gardens that was blocked by the previous thick fence. Next years plan is to get the roof and walls painted and built a shed down by the garage for the lawnmower etc. If we won Lotto we would replace the deck railing with glass panels and I would love to change our driveway which people have issues with. Ah dreams...

Kent is still having issues with his stump which has decided the leg is still attached and in pain, also his wrists which cause huge problems and he can't ride far any more because of the pain. We have spend lots of money trying to find remedies but no-one seems to be connected to one another any more. We get referred to a specialist, pay heaps to go to them and nothing happens after that.

We are off to Oz for the holiday period which also includes Georgia's 2nd birthday.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.