Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

He only has to go to work, mow the lawns, and call me sweetie and he thinks that's enough...

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 13 November 2015 | Views [803] | Comments [1]

Example of an October day:

My neice is over from America for a very short visit. Monday I have planned for us to spend the day doing things together. 

7.30  Kent wakes and is feeling so bad he can't go to work

8.30  I go to his work for a meeting with his interim boss and their personel manager

9.30  Go home pick Kent up and take him to the Doctor

11.00  Take my neice to the 'Tulip Festival' in town and listen to a talk about bees (it was great)

12.00  Get a call from our tenant - she has been robbed. Call the insurance company.

          Go to the house and talk to the tenant, check the house with neice in car waiting

         to Bunnings to get some new bolts for the broken door, back to the house to fit one.

          Organise a handyman to replace the door handle and fit the second bolt.

17.00  Where has the day gone...  Feel guilty that the time has passed and my neice didn't get to do anything :(

 

So, while it's great to have the month over I discovered that it didn't overwhelm me. In fact I felt positive and hopeful and managed to concentrate on the good things.

Kent also hasn't been overwhelmed by things and is back on his feet.

There were a lot of good things that happened in the month - Kent's brother got married to his sweetheart, SCMCC had a 30th birthday with accompanying ride of about 280km which my neice came on on the back of me, the gardening season is about to begin (yeah!), the weather is warming up, we have a new tenant downstairs.

Comments

1

It was a great day tulips and bees were fun! And it led to me having bee knowledge when I went to Great Barrier to visit Sue's place and there were swarms of them (Which still equated to me knowing only about 1/100th of what Great Barrier Islanders know about ecology!...ha)

  Belinda Hi Dec 15, 2015 6:34 PM

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.