Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

December, we have been home a whole year!

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 26 December 2011 | Views [843]

On December 3rd we had been back in NZ for one year, amazing! Time has flown by and our lives have changed so much. A few more days and another year has passed by, wow. Nothing much has changed since last writing although it seems like a lot has if that makes sense. Kent is still at his full time job and loving it, as predicted his boss is busy thinking of new projects he can get him working on. I have new employers as the Real Estate company I work for was bought out, all good though it's working well and my job is basically still the same.

We have yet another new addition to our family in the form of a small fluffly creamy white dog we have named Muppet. Muppet is timid, quiet and very loving. He is my dog and loves me to bits! haha, it's just lovely how much he loves me :) He and Molly are getting closer and closer to being playful with each other, at the moment they are cool together and want to play but are cautious.

Our house is empty at the moment, Sarah and Braden have gone off touring NZ while the school holidays are on and Lewei has gone back to China until the beginning of February. We took him and two of his friends up to Pahia on the 18th where they went out on a boat around the Bay of Islands overnight. While they were out we went on a tikitour around the far north and ended up in Ahipara where we visited Kent's sisters ex and slept in the back of the car (memories of Europe) in one of the bays up there, very nice. All in all the weekend trip took us 1200km!

Tonight we have Corrin (my youngest daughter) and her partner Adam staying for a few nights. They live in Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast and are only over for just over a week. On Christmas Day we all got together at Luke (my eldest)'s house in Auckland and had a family dinner. First time in a lot of years that we have all been together at that time of the year.

Kent's brother is due up for New Year, it's great being able to have enough space for any visitors any time...

That's about it for now. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY !!!

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.