Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Post Falls, Idaho

USA | Monday, 19 April 2010 | Views [742]

We flew up to Spokane, Washington (state) from Denver on Monday 19th to spend a week with our friend Gary and his wife Sherry who live nearby but across the state line in Post Falls, Idaho. We travelled with Gary on and off for a few weeks in Central America and had a blast with him. We had a great week there, the weather was perfect except for one rainy day, back in Denver the weather went through a bad patch while we were away so it was good timing. We visited the Post Falls, named after Frederick Post and saw a lot of the beautiful scenery of the area. We got to go for a couple of rides on bikes, Gary is a fan of recumbent bikes and has got a new one for himself and his old one is still there so we got to have a long ride on it. It was really great, comfortable and relaxing to ride and easy to see all the lovely scenery as you ride.

Unfortunately Sherry was working almost all week so we only got to annoy her in the evenings :) Carol went with her on her one day off to decorate a church hall for a wedding, they spent the day doing it (the guys helped in the evening) and were very happy with themselves. After the decorating we went to a local bar and spent an hour unwinding in a spot that reminded us a lot of the club back home in Rotorua.

The last evening we were there we went to Sherry's daughter Shawnte's house for dinner and had a wonderful evening full of laughter (thanks Jekiah) and fun, a great end to the week.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.