Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

New Orleans, USA

USA | Saturday, 27 March 2010 | Views [594]

We arrived in New Orleans ( http://www.neworleanscvb.com/ ) around 5.30pm on Saturday and our c/s host Alita came and picked us up after she finished work at 6pm and took us to her home that she shares with her sister Suni and dogs Samson, Goliath and Chloe. We immediately felt at home with them all and spent the evening watching movies after a wonderful lasnagne meal (a favorite of ours).

During the 3 days we spent in New Orleans we got to ride on the streetcars, walk down Bourbon Street, go to a food festival on Royal street and try out crawfish, explore the garden district, have Beignets ( http://www.cafedumonde.com/beignet.html ) at Cafe Du Monde, listen to jazz on the streets, explore a sculpture garden, attend 3 short movies at Petite Theatre on the history of New Orleans and one about its food. There is always something going on in New Orleans, it would be easy to lose 2 or 3 weeks here.

There isn't much to see any more in regard to the flooding following Hurricane Katrina, 5 years ago now. Some areas have houses that are still empty where people don't have the money to come back and rebuild.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.