Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Parati, Brazil

BRAZIL | Thursday, 7 January 2010 | Views [750]

Costs pp: local bus from Alcantara to Rodoviaria Nova Rio 5.7rs, bus from Rio (Costa Verde) to Parati 52rs! If you are taking this trip it is cheaper to get local buses down the coast or at least a bus to Angra and then a local bus from there to Parati.

We travelled down the coast from Rio to Parati and the scenery was wonderful, lovely little white sandy bays and blue/green seas. We had thought to go to Ilha Grande but they just had a massive landslide and loss of life so it's a no go area for a while. The coast has been experiencing a lot of rain for quite a while and the earth can't cope with it.

In Parati we were met by Michel our couchsurfing host, Michel is from Bretagne but lives here on his 18 mtr yacht which is where we were to stay. Parati is a gorgeous old town complete with cobbled streets and European looking houses and buildings and is in a large inlet. It is a tranquil place even though a tourist destination. From the sea it is idyllic looking toward the town from the sea. In the evenings we have been able to watch the usual lightning storms light up the sky although last night was an exception and we spent a wonderful evening in the town with Michel and his friends.

The yacht is only moored in the harbour at the moment as the engine is out for repair. Each day we have visited somewhere in Parati or the area, one day we spent some time in Trindade at the beach, Michel would ferry us to land and we would head off. It has been a wonderful restful time and quite amazing being on this beautiful yacht which Michel has restored over the last 2 years.

Today we head off to Ilha Grande to try some camping there for a few days.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.