Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

San Luis, Argentina - for the day

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 10 November 2009 | Views [1594]

Costs pp: bus from San Juan 39p 5 hrs

We got woken at 5am by another couple leaving so Carol got up then and Kent an hour later and we got to the San Juan terminal with only 10 minutes to spare to catch our 7am bus and still had yet to buy the tickets. All went well though and we dozed on and off all the way there.

On our arrival we checked the times etc for our next bus as we usually do and found that a bus to Rosario would take 8 hours and we could go overnight. So we decided not to stay in San Luis but to spend the day there and go overnight to Rosario and thereby also save ourselves the cost of accommodation. Long distance buses here are not cheap.We bought our tickets and the guy in the office let us leave our packs with him while we headed off.

We walked all over the town and then found a nice park and lay in the sun and caught up on some sleep. You may think this is weird to go and sleep in a park, wouldn´t everyone be looking and thinking we are hobos or something. But no, these parks over here are really used by everyone, there is always someone lying on the grass dozing in the sun somewhere and there are always couples conoodling on the park benches and groups of teenagers sitting on the grass discussing things and families playing together.

After our nap we asked 2 different people how to get to the big shopping centre, both times they said to take the bus to 'Baysejay' wow we couldn't figure it out, what a weird name. When the bus came we saw it had the letters BCG on the front! We jumped on the bus and got lost in the suburbs looking for the shopping centre we needed to buy glue to reglue Kents teva, thanks Teva company for making a really crappy pair of shoes, we have been resoling them every month since about 2 months after purchase. Anyhow the driver thought it was funny that we were still on the bus at the end of his run and we just waited for him to take his break and then went back around again and he deposited us at the shops front door.

Got back to the terminal just in time for our 11.15pm bus to Rosario.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.