Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

back in Santiago, Chile

CHILE | Wednesday, 21 October 2009 | Views [809]

Costs pp: Cama bus from Temuco 17,200

We are back in Santiago and staying with our friends Pamela and Christian again. It's lovely to be here, we both like Santiago except for the pollution which gives us both headaches, and we really enjoy being with Pam & Christian. Santiago is surrounded by mountains and hills so there is not much wind to blow anything away or to cool anything down. At the moment the temperature is perfect but in the summer it must just about kill you to be here, especially in the metros. Life in this country seems to be fairly much on the same level as NZ although Pam says that school fees and health costs cripple families. But it seems to us that incomes are similar, houses here are definitely cheaper. Still wouldn't like to be here in summer, down south further maybe.

We haven't done a lot here except going hither and yon (just thought I'd add in some olde english) for shopping and picking up Kents new English passport. One day we went on a free tour of the Metropolitan Park that was offered by the tourism centre and that was really good for a freeby.

Today we are heading to Valparaiso out on the coast where we are couchsurfing with a guy who is having a halloween party on Saturday night. Kent is going as a pirate, we found a toy stuffed chicken at a garage sale here for Kent to put on his shoulder and got some dowel to make a peg for his leg. Carol of course is going as a witch. Should be fun, will keep you posted.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.