Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Lican Ray, Chile by Lago Calafquen

CHILE | Sunday, 20 September 2009 | Views [2395]

Map of the siete (7 lakes) lagos area

Map of the siete (7 lakes) lagos area

Costs pp: bus Villarica to Lican Ray 700p, cottage at Lican Ray 12,000p.

Where is Lican Ray you may ask... Well we decided we would like to take a bit of a tiki tour around the lakes in the area (there are many) so decided to head to a town called Panguipulli (Pan-gi-puyee) but there was no bus so we took the bus that was leaving and it went to Lican Ray. Nice name, Lican Ray is on the shores of Lago Calafquen it has two beaches, one large and not so nice and one small and very pretty. Our cottage was fully self contained and had a small wood stove so we bought and cooked our dinner on the wood stove and had a toasty night.

The next day we caught a bus on to Panguipulli direct but if we had had more time we would have gone right around the back of the lake through a few different villages and past other lakes. At Panguipulli we bought a ticket on to Osorno which is a city south but got to spend a few hours walking around the town first, it's ok but we liked Lican Ray more.

Our bus trip to Osorno took us via Valdivia which was quite a deviation but it's always nice to see the countryside and we arrived in Osorno in the evening.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.