Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Yucumo, Bolivia

BOLIVIA | Wednesday, 12 August 2009 | Views [2468]

Costs pp: Coll taxi fm Caranavi to Sapecho 25b, coll taxi to Yucumo 30b.

No bus thru to Yucumo until the evening and we like to travel during day so we can see the countryside. On this trip it meant that we ended up paying quite a bit more than the bus direct from La Paz to Rurrenabaque. So anyway we got a collectivo taxi to Sapecho where we got another one on to Yucumo.

Yucumo (which has different spellings on different maps) reminded us of Km86 in that it is a busy intersection on a main road but it is dirt and small tiendas and food places and not many big buildings.

We parked ourselves outside a restaurant and more or less stayed there until 2 am (yes 2 in the morning, it was warm) when we caught a bus thru to Rurrenabaque. The parrot in the pic belongs to the restaurant. Amazingly the restaurant showed a DVD of Zorro on its huge wall in the evening for free, just like being at the movies. So we watched Antonio Banderas, who speaks spanish, speaking english and being dubbed into spanish... Who needs words when watching Zorro!

Next stop Rurrenabaque.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.