Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Urubamba, Peru

PERU | Sunday, 2 August 2009 | Views [937]

Kent getting fresh with the driver???

Kent getting fresh with the driver???

Costs pp: collectivo to Santa Maria 8s, Tanker to Ollantaytambo, collectivo van to Urubamba 1.2s. Single room (2ppl) at Hostal Urubamba 15s.

We didn't think we would have a problem with the return journey but after taking a collectivo to Santa Maria we discovered that the bus due to come thru at 4pm was full and the collectivo due to leave at 4.30pm was 25s pp to Cuzco. It was lunchtime and we didn't want to wait so hitched a ride on a diesel tanker. Kent and 2 Argentinians rode up on top and Carol rode in the cab with another local hitchhiker.

Back over the same road as we came in on and it got pretty cold up at the snowline for those on the top but the views from there...

Ollantaytambo is an old Inca village that has been continuously habitated through the ages. It has narrow streets and ruins nearby and is full of tourists and tourist prices, we caught a collectivo on to Urubamba. There we got a room, ate chicken and chips at a street stall for 1.5s and updated our insurance on the internet for another 7 months travel.

Es un dulce vida!

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.