Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Nazca, Peru

PERU | Sunday, 26 July 2009 | Views [853]

Why is it that taxi/tuktuk drivers always suppose you are going to want to take the most expensive route to the next destination? We blame the americans... After assuring our tuktuk driver we didn't want to go by collectivo he dropped us at the most expensive busline (Cruz del Sur, 35s Ica to Nazca) luckily the local economico bus was across the road and we went for 10s ea. The journey was unremarkable, more sand and aridity, as was the town we landed in - Nazca. Nazca is where there are lots of lines in the desert made by the Nazcarians(?) years ago for some unknown reason. Google them for more info.

We tried to get a bus straight on to Cuzco and found to our horror that not only would the tickets cost 100s ea (NZ$50) but there were no available seats at any of the buslines until the next day. We were approached by a tout at the terminal and went with her to see a `new hotel with baño and tv and breakfast and free internet for 30s double room'. Yeah sure we thought, but she was right, we got a lovely room at the hotel Guang Zhou (www.hotelguangzhouperu.com) and immediately monopolised the internet and got all our stories and pics up to date.

We decided not to go for a flight over the Nazca Lines, US$50 ea, and just looked at them online. The next day we walked to a local museum but it was 15s entry each there which is excessive to say the least so we walked back to town again. Our bus to Cuzco was timed for 4.30pm and would take 13 - 15 hours.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.