Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Huancavelica, Peru

PERU | Tuesday, 21 July 2009 | Views [1192] | Comments [1]

Our trip from Huancayo to here was supposed to take five hours, but the road is new and we made good time, arriving at 3pm (four hours). The scenery on the way was magnificent, similar to the road from La Union to Huanuco. Over huge hills and through massive valleys, observing typical rural Peruvian life.

Huancavelica is a small town nestled in between huge peaks. We took a day off from travel and chilled here for a day. Chill is right, the sun is warm but the nights are freezing.

Spent most of the day sleeping as we have to catch a bus at 4am tomorrow.

 

Comments

1

h 1996ow do the locals in the countryside in peru keep warm after dark? with what fuel do they cook? could you talk more about the everyday life of the village people there? many thanks for your information. i find that the prices of the cheap pensions or hostels you stayed in rural peru are the same as 1996. it seems that there is not much inflation there. am i right?

  peter ng Aug 5, 2009 8:00 PM

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.