Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Otavalo

ECUADOR | Monday, 8 June 2009 | Views [872]

Our next stop was Otavalo (.43c ea on the bus from Ibarra), we had organised a couchsurf there or so we thought but in the end it didn't pan out and we had to look for a place to stay. We don't bother to go to the places listed in the Lonely Planet Guide, well sometimes we do try them but mostly they have increased their prices once they are in there to way beyond what we can pay. Across the road (diagonally on the opposite corner) from the Hostal Valle del Amanecer which is listed in the guide as being $7 pp without baño but with breakfast and is now $9 pp, we found a hotel that agreed to $10 for a double room with tv but no baño for us both again (we can't remember its name). 

Another great thing about the hotel was that it had on its roof a place where we could do our laundry. This must all seem really mundane but we have to handwash our clothes and regularly especially Kent with his stump socks, because we carry a minimum of stuff. Anyhow after wandering about the town, which is nice enough but didn't really appeal to us, we went up on the roof and did our thing. The day was nice enough that in a couple of hours it was all dry. And that was another day gone.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.