Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

David and Santa Fe

PANAMA | Sunday, 3 May 2009 | Views [2830]

We left the Lost and Found Lodge in the afternoon and headed to David (pronounced Darveed)where we stayed in Hostel Bambu ($8 per dorm bed including pancake breakfast) which had free internet and a swimming pool. Across the road was a local restaurant that had great seafood meals. The next morning Carol was able to make a couple of calls to her sisters in the USA for free too.

We went to the bus terminal and got a regular bus to Santa Fe but the bus we got on board was quite luxurious and we had a very comfortable 4 hour trip to Santiago where we changed to a minibus for an hour or so trip to Santa Fe and the La Qhia hostel. The hostel was lovely tho expensive for us at $10 a dorm bed. The owner, Stephanie, has created a really nice space. Carol helped by painting the lockers for her.

It was election day on Sunday and the small pueblo was a busy place. Carol went to the river for a swim with Buck another traveller from Georgia, where they dove in one end and let the strong current carry them downriver and got out and walked back again. Kent had a lazy day.

Two nights there and back on the bus to Panama city, back to Santiago and catch the connecting bus. There was a huge line of people going to Panama city and they were just filling up buses and sending them off one after the other.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.