Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Antigua

GUATEMALA | Sunday, 1 February 2009 | Views [656]

We caught a shuttle from San Pedro to Antigua as it was the cheapest option. It was a small bus and only had tourists on board. All was fine until about three quarters of the way thru the journey Kent started to turn green and a few minutes later threw up. Luckily we managed to get the driver to stop in a hurry and Kent was sitting right by the exit. We figure he must have picked something up from his last day at the school as Carol has had no problem at all.

At Antigua we were delivered to the zocalo and Kent sat while Carol did the rounds. It is a tourist town and reasonable priced lodgings are thin on the ground. At last Carol managed to persuade a nice lodging lady to let us rent her dingiest room for the night at a good rate because Kent was sick. Kent only just managed to get from the zocalo to the hospedaje and collapsed into bed to sleep. Carol went off to explore the town which has a fairly relaxed air about it and has cobbled streets and a certain amount of its own charm, its not a place to really rave about.

The next day Carol had found a better place to stay within our budget and we moved there. We explored the market and Kent went to bed again but was much better.

The next day we moved on to Lanquin (Lankin).

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.