Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

San Pedro de la laguna

GUATEMALA | Thursday, 15 January 2009 | Views [1088]

San Pedro from the road to Santa Clara

San Pedro from the road to Santa Clara

We took a launch across the lake to San Pedro, and found ourselves a lovely hotel room with bathroom for 50q and spent a few days exploring the town which is quite big and growing. We went to a bar and watched a free movie while Kent and Gary shared a bottle of beer. We went to all the language schools and found one that could take us at our budget and moved into a casa where we have a room with outside bathroom and 2 meals a day and get to speak spanish all the time with the family.

From the roof is the same lovely view of the lake. Carol uses it in the morning while Kent sleeps on happily. Kent is the one studying spanish, Carol gets to practise with people in the street and the children and lady of the house. Kent gets 4 hours of spanish tuition per day and is going great guns. During his study time Carol and Gary explore the neighbouring surrounds. Travelling by pickup, everyone stands in the back and you get a wonderful view, and by chicken bus, Gary can hardly fit his long legs in these but they are a cheap ride. Kent has 2 weeks of study here then we will travel on to possibly Antigua.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.